Thursday, October 13, 2016

2016 COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em: Week 6

We're onto Week 6 of the NFL season and ohmygodwhatishappening.

After a couple solid weeks got me back into the mix a little bit, I did not have a very good Week 5, as Adam took six of our seven disputed games and almost swept the early games for the second straight week. He's now firmly in first place in our consortium, and if I had to pinpoint one X-factor through five weeks for him: he's 3 for 3 on hero picks. You can see a full breakdown of how we've picked in relation to each other here.

So as I attempt to climb the ladder from nine back of the lead and four back of the closest person, Adam and I disagree on six of the 15 games on this week's slate. Let's get to it!

Thursday Night

Denver Broncos @ San Diego Chargers (+3.5)
Lucas: Broncos. Don't bet against Peyton Manning at night Trevor Siemian against a crappy team.
Adam: Broncos. I like the spot and I like Denver to bounce back against a hurt San Diego team.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

San Francisco 49ers @ Buffalo Bills (-7.5)
Lucas: Bills. Meanwhile in Rob Ryan's defensive game plan meeting...
Adam: 49ers. Cannot believe I am picking this, but San Francisco has surprised a little this week and as much as I hate to say it, the better of the two quarterbacks in San Francisco is going to be playing this week. McCoy should be able to run wild too, but I still think it will be a close game.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Chicago Bears (-3.5)
Lucas: Jaguars. Look, if you can't beat the worst pass defense in the NFL when ALSHON JEFFERY IS WIDE FREAKING OPEN, you don't deserve to be a field goal-plus favorite, even at home.
Adam: Jaguars. CUTLER... I... HATE... YOU...
Lucas note:


Cincinnati Bengals @ New England Patriots (-9.5)
Lucas: Patriots.
Adam: Bengals. Way too high of a line for me here. I know it is at home, I know we still have Angry Brady, but still... 9.5 against what should be a decent D is crazy to me. Taking the points all the way to the bank.
Lucas note:
Cleveland Browns @ Tennessee Titans (-6.5)
Lucas: Titans. How many quarterbacks are the Browns going to go through this season? This team is so bad, and I love it.
Adam: Browns. Just breathe... yes, you did just pick garbage from Cleveland... no, we will not hold it against you.

Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions (-3.5)
Lucas: Rams. I'm just taking the points here, but I'm by and large not super comfortable with this pick either way.
Adam: Rams. Maybe finally the LA O-line can move something. Gurley should be in a good spot here to put up some numbers... maybe...

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Miami Dolphins (+7.5)
Lucas: Steelers. Now that the bees are finally dead and gone, I can start picking Pittsburgh again without feeling seedy about it.
Adam: Steelers. What is there to say here? Pittsburgh is the clearly better team and will have no problem dispatching of the Fins by double digits.

Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints (+2.5)
Lucas: Saints. In a world where the Superdome isn't quite the home field it once was, I can get points thanks to the Panthers being bad? Football is weird.
Adam: Saints. Carolina has looked soft all year and Brees is playing at home. This game easily can be a close, high-scoring game. And it can also easily get away from either team in a big way. I see shoot out with the nod to Brees.

Baltimore Ravens @ New York Giants (-2.5)
Lucas: Giants. Someone get me the video of OBJ hugging the net set to the theme song from Dawson's Creek. I feel like this GIF is incomplete without it.
Adam: Giants. Anyone catch the make-out session OBJ had with the kicking net when he finally found the end zone last week? Ah, C’est amore.
Lucas note: "I don't wanna wait... for our lives to be over, I want to know right now, what will it be?"

Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins (+1.5) 
Lucas: Eagles. Don't know how badly losing Lane Johnson is going to hurt the Eagles, but I'm going to ride that wagon.
Adam: Redskins. Philly has had a nice run, lost last week, and should continue the slide.

Sunday, Late Afternoon

Kansas City Chiefs @ Oakland Raiders (-1.5)
Lucas: Raiders. I'm still not sure how I'd feel about having an NFL team in Vegas, never mind the fact that I always put a team there when building a full league of custom teams in Madden.
Adam: Chiefs. Short line, I like KC better than Oakland.

Atlanta Falcons @ Seattle Seahawks (-6.5)
Lucas: Falcons. I made the mistake of picking the defense over Atlanta last week. With a touchdown to work with, how can I not take the hot offense?
Adam: Seahawks. Man, I went back and forth on this game for a while. I think the line is set exactly where it needs to be. Atlanta's high powered offense versus Seattle's defense. I just have to give it to the Seattle D just a little more.

Dallas Cowboys @ Green Bay Packers (-4.5)
Lucas: Packers. It's Throwback Weekend in Green Bay. Other than last year when San Diego pulled off a back door cover, it's led to blowout wins for the home team. Also I love these jerseys.
Adam: Packers. Another game that could go either way. There is talk that Romo may be done with the way Prescott has been playing. I think that is a good move on Dallas' part if that is what they end up doing. But Prescott is still young.
Lucas note: He's been good. As much as I like Romo as a quarterback, he's like one hit away from snapping his back in half.

Sunday Night

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans (-3.5) 
Lucas: Texans. Brock Osweiler > Brian Hoyer. Have fun, Indy's terrible secondary.
Adam: Texans. By a nose hair. Both teams have been disappointing so far this year. It has been a while since Hopkins did much of anything. Look for him to light it up this week.

Monday Night

New York Jets @ Arizona Cardinals (-7.5) 
Lucas: Cardinals. I feel like this line is way too high, but the Jets are terrible, so they could easily lose by more than a touchdown. I'll lay the points here.
Adam: Cardinals. With Palmer out I would only just like Arizona here. But assuming Palmner is back, I don’t see how the Cardinals do not beat up on the Jets.

Records Last Week
Lucas: 33-44 (5-9 last week)
Adam: 42-35 (10-4 last week)
Scott: 38-39 (7-7 last week)
Grant: 39-38 (6-8 last week)
Logan: 37-40 (9-5 last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment