Thursday, November 16, 2017

2017 COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em Week 11

The coalition is moving on to Week 11, but I feel like it was a subpar week overall.

Geoffrey Clark remains in the lead that he has held for a good chunk of the season, and currently has sole possession of first place. I gained the tiniest bit of ground on Adam after taking three of five disputed games last week. Adam did goof again last week, accidentally picking Dallas on ESPN when he picked Atlanta for the blog. He gets credit for it, which means ESPN is now short three wins for him. You can view an accurate count, as well as a breakdown of all our picks in relation to each other, here.

This week, Adam and I disagree on seven games out of the 14 being played, a high for recently.


Thursday Night

Tennessee Titans @ Pittsburgh Steelers (-7.5)
Lucas: Titans. I'm not crazy about the Titans, but I'm not sure I want to lay a full touchdown on the Steelers. I look forward to Ben, Bell, and Brown going crazy. I'd call them the Killer B's, but the 2000's Astros have the precedent on that one and I don't want to give them an opening to go back to those damn bee jerseys again.
Adam: Steelers. Feeling the Cow Bell this week. Come on, 3 touchdowns for Bell.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears (+3.5)
Lucas: Bears. Look man, I'm just taking the points in what I'm dubbing the Idiot Bowl: the idiot Jim Caldwell coaching against the guy who made arguably the dumbest challenge ever and "won."
Adam: Lions. The Bears were favored last week and crapped the bed. Man, I'm about to go back to writing the Bears as an expletive. No way the Bears are even close in this game. Lions by 10.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Cleveland Browns (+7.5)
Lucas: Jaguars. Okay, the pattern remains legit. The fact that the Jags get Cleveland on an odd week just makes this even better.
Adam: Browns. I think I am going contrarian here. There is nothing about the Browns that should make me think they will cover... so I'm going against myself and picking them.

Baltimore Ravens @ Green Bay Packers (+2.5)
Lucas: Packers. Getting points with the throwbacks? LET'S GO!
Adam: Ravens. Who is that new beast of a player Baltimore has? He was studding it up a few weeks ago on TNF...
Lucas note: Who? That Alex Collins guy who followed up a 113 yard day with a 43 yard day?

Kansas City Chiefs @ New York Giants (+10.5)
Lucas: Chiefs. It's not that simple with the line, but Andy Reid is 16-2 lifetime after a bye. Given the sentient derp that is the New York Football Giants, I'm laying the points.
Adam: Chiefs. Gut says take the points but not with the G-Men. But did you see the bitter beer face Manning gave last week on SNF? Must have been drinking the beast...
Lucas note: ...There was another Eli Manning Face sighting? How did I miss that?

Los Angeles Rams @ Minnesota Vikings (-2.5)
Lucas: Rams. Case Keenum looks absolutely legit, and this Minnesota team is scary. But I'm going to take the points and the potential upset with a pretty good Jared Goff-led offense.
Adam: Vikings. Actually a much tougher pick than anyone would have thought looking at this game at the start of the season. Could go either way, but I will give the edge to the home team.

Washington Redskins @ New Orleans Saints (-7.5)
Lucas: Saints. We live in a world where a Drew Brees-led team is 7-2 and just won a game going away where he didn't throw for a touchdown. I'm scared.
Adam: Saints. Man is Brees a different person on the road vs at home. Going to lay the points hoping for big things at home for New Orleans.

Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans (+1.5)
Lucas: Texans. I'm not crazy about this matchup or picking either way. I'm just playing a hunch. Houston still probably has the better team overall than Arizona does.
Adam: Texans. A little surprised at this line, but whatever. I’ll take the points at home for the Texans. And no matter what GQ says, JJ Watt is my hero. He raised something like $35 million in like a week.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Miami Dolphins (-2.5)
Lucas: Dolphins. I had to go back and see what the line for this game was in Week 1, because I couldn't remember, and I'm kind of amazed that the line only moved two points in ten weeks. I don't remember who I picked in Week 1, but I want to say it was Tampa. Ten weeks makes a difference, huh?
Adam: Buccaneers. How are the Fins favored? SMH... Do some lines...
Lucas note: Counterpoint: why would a Buccaneers team with Ryan Fitzpatrick be favored on the road?

Sunday, Late Afternoon

Buffalo Bills @ Los Angeles Chargers (-4.5)
Lucas: Chargers. I originally went with the Bills here, but then some idiot decided Tyrod Taylor was the problem and not their run defense that's gotten annihilated the last two weeks. Have a day, Melvin Gordon.
Adam: Chargers. The Bills are switching up their QB this week... interesting.

Cincinnati Bengals @ Denver Broncos (-2.5)
Lucas: Bengals. ...how are the Broncos favored? Have they seen the quarterback play in Denver?
Adam: Bengals. Blah.

New England Patriots vs Oakland Raiders (+6.5)
Lucas: Patriots. I'm not doing this year's game in Mexico pick in Spanish, because more important things are going on. Move over, Golden Tate; you've been replaced as my most hated NFL player. F*** Martellus Bennett.
Adam: Patriots. Giving a TD on the road at a neutral site. I’ll take that any time.
Lucas note: Made the adjustment because this is the random game in Mexico City. I'm assuming he's still okay with laying a touchdown en Estadio Azteca.

Sunday Night

Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys (+3.5)
Lucas: Eagles. Someone needs to get Liam Neeson into Jerry Jones' office.
Adam: Eagles. Well Zeke, this is game 2. I wonder if he realizes had he just taken the suspension he would be back and this all would be behind him now. Regardless, the Eagles are soaring right now.

Monday Night

Atlanta Falcons @ Seattle Seahawks (-3.5)
Lucas: Seahawks. It's a Monday night game in Seattle. Shady stuff goes down on Monday nights in Seattle. F*** Lance Easley and Golden Tate. And let's not forget Detroit got screwed a couple years ago too.
Lucas note: Also, f*** Martellus Bennett a second time just to make clear that he's my most hated NFL player now.
Adam: Falcons. I’ll take the points here as I think Atlanta wakes up big here and routs the Seahawks.

Records So Far
Lucas: 72-74 (7-7 last week)
Adam: 76-70 (6-8 last week)
Scott: 63-83 (5-9 last week)
Geoffrey: 77-69 (7-7 last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment