Wednesday, November 25, 2015

2015 COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em: Week 12

The coalition is back, and Adam has returned from vacation to rejoin me for the stretch run!

Last week we saw history get made, and it was something my dad texted me about on Monday after I had taken note of it. Four of the 14 games from last week were consensus picks by all four people in our contest. We split those games. The other ten were all "hero" picks where one person went against the grain. Every person going hero won that game, and everybody won at least one. Geoffy did the best, getting four hero picks to lead the week, taking four of our six disputed picks.

Adam will return to picking games with me for each of the next six weeks as I try to complete a comeback. I'm within striking distance; I'm only eight games back of him with those six weeks to go. It's doable.

We're finally all done with bye weeks, so we're back to 16 games the rest of the way. Adam and I disagree on six games this week. From all of us here at Confessions of a Sportscaster, have a happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday Morning

Philadelphia Eagles @ Detroit Lions (+0.5)
Lucas: Lions. Philly is in a free fall, apparently people are sick of Chip Kelly, and Jim Caldwell might get to keep his job! I love Thanksgiving, even if I think the Lions shouldn't get to host every year.
Adam: Lions. What could be more American: Turkey, Beer, Pumpkin Pie and the Detroit Lions!

Thursday Afternoon

Carolina Panthers @ Dallas Cowboys (+0.5)
Lucas: Panthers. How is this a pick 'em?! Sure, the Cowboys have Romo back, but they can't keep up with Cam, who to me is 2nd in the MVP race behind Touchdown Tom.
Adam: Panthers. I know Romo is back and Bryant had him should get things going pretty well, but I just cannot get over the fact that Newton has been playing out of his freaking mind good.

Thursday Night

Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers (-9.5)
Lucas: Packers. In honor of Brett Favre's jersey retirement, here's probably his best moment against the Bears. Thank you for everything, #4.
Adam: Bears. Taking the points. The Bears have been playing better of late and the Packers not so much, but with Aaron Rodgers at the helm and Lacy possibly finally getting going, the Pack may also feast on Thanksgiving.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

Minnesota Vikings @ Atlanta Falcons (-1.5)
Lucas: Vikings. I'm sorry, the Falcons shouldn't be favored in this matchup, even at home. Yes, Minnesota's offensive line is terrible, but Atlanta has no pass rush. I finally see through the mirage of their first four or five weeks.
Adam: Vikings. Until Ryan and the Falcons offense get back on track I am not going to favor the Falcons.

Buffalo Bills @ Kansas City Chiefs (-5.5)
Lucas: Chiefs. Even with the high likelihood that Andy Reid will still be in a food coma from Thanksgiving, they've been hot lately. I think they keep it up at home. Maybe because Andy Reid will still be in a food coma.

Adam: Bills. A tough line for me. A point or two in either direction and my choice is clear. I just see the Bills passing all day against the weak Chiefs secondary and that leads to opening up the field for McCoy.

St. Louis Rams @ Cincinnati Bengals (-8.5)
Lucas: Rams. I do think the Bengals win, especially since this is a day game, but I'm taking the points here even with Nick Foles back at quarterback. That said... Jeff Fisher needs to be fired for gross negligence.
Adam: Rams. The Rams are certainly falling off overall, but their D is still very good. The Bengals win easy, but the Rams defense keeps it close.  

Oakland Raiders @ Tennessee Titans (+1.5)
Lucas: Raiders. Only because I haven't done this yet this season.

Adam: Titans. Another battle of young QBs. Carr has been struggling of late so I am leaning towards that trend continuing against a solid Titans secondary.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Indianapolis Colts (-3.5)
Lucas: Buccaneers. Have you seen Jameis Winston's home/road splits? Dude is a monster on the road. Taking the points.
Adam: Buccaneers. I still have no faith in the Colts.
Lucas note: Agreed.

Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets (-3.5)
Lucas: Jets. I definitely think the Dolphins are off the initial new coach high and are coming back down to earth, and while I'm not super sold on the Jets anymore, I think they win.
Adam: Jets. I think we are going to see the re-emergence of the early season Jets in this game. After dropping 4 of 5, the Jets are hungry.

New Orleans Saints @ Houston Texans (-2.5)
Lucas: Texans. Even without Rob Ryan patrolling the sidelines, the Saints defense is awful. Way too much potential to give up 40 points again.
Adam: Texans. Houston seems to be coming around of late, and who would have thought Hopkins would have such a great year with his QB situation always in the air?

New York Giants @ Washington Redskins (+2.5)
Lucas: Giants. They're due for a couple more clunkers yet, but I can't shake the feeling that they're going to win the NFC East at 9-7, then upset Carolina and Green Bay on the road again before ending the Patriots' second shot at 19-0 because it's been four years and they're due.
Adam: Redskins. There just seems to be something about the Redskins this year that seems to confuse people. At home, with the Giants coming off a huge letdown against the Pats, I think they will have a little hangover from that and drop this game as well.

San Diego Chargers @ Jacksonville Jaguars (-4.5)
Lucas: Jaguars. Underrated offense going up against an overrated squad playing at 10am according to their body clocks? Sure, why not?
Adam: Jaguars. Allen Robinson & Allen Hurns. Combined 300 yards, 3… no, 4 TD's.

Sunday, Late Afternoon

Arizona Cardinals @ San Francisco 49ers (+10.5)
Lucas: Cardinals. As tempted as I am to take the double digit home dog... I just can't. Not after their clunker in Seattle. Speaking of Seattle...
Adam: Cardinals. Wow, giving 10 points at home… dang. I should probably take the points, but I cannot even come close to justifying it in my head.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Seattle Seahawks (-4.5)
Lucas: Seahawks. Not exactly the bounceback I was thinking of, but Pittsburgh is too banged up. I look forward to your 200 yard, three touchdown day to shut me up, Antonio Brown.
Adam: Seahawks. The Legion of Boom against Antonio Brown. Should be entertaining to say the least, but Seattle will outlast the Steelers.

Sunday Night

New England Patriots @ Denver Broncos (+3.5)
Lucas: Patriots. Can't bet against Peyton Manning at night if he isn't playing!
Adam: Broncos. Going with the angle that Brady has lost too many receivers and even with Manning out, Osweiler has sufficient skill to lead the way.

Monday Night

Baltimore Ravens @ Cleveland Browns (-2.5)
Lucas: Browns. My goodness, Cleveland is a mess. Manziel and Pettine will both be gone after this year, Cleveland will continue to languish, and yet I'm still picking them. Mainly it's because the Ravens don't stand a chance with Jimmy Freaking Clausen unless 2013 Marc Trestman shows up, but more so because I enjoy picking against tin foil [NSFW language] conspiracy theorists.

Adam: Ravens. Bring back Ray Ray.
Lucas note: Which one...?

Records So Far
Lucas: 68-92 (4-10 last week)
Adam: 76-84 (3-11 last week)
Geoffrey: 75-85 (6-8 last week)
Scott: 71-89 (5-9 last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment