Wednesday, November 26, 2014

COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em Week 13

Are we really already to Thanksgiving? Wow.

All the bye weeks are concluded at this point, so we're picking 16 games each of the next five weeks. We may need it; we've been struggling.

Last week had some weather changes happen, as the Bills-Jets game in Buffalo had to be moved to Detroit. I made a change to my original pick there as the line dropped a couple points, and I opted to go with the Jets... only to have that come back to bite me. It also evened out the results between Adam and I for the week. Instead of the seven disagreements on games, we jumped up to eight, and split them evenly. It was sub-.500 weeks for both of us again. I remain above .500 overall, but I need to turn the ship around. So does Adam; he remains 13 games back with five weeks to go.

I think somewhere along the line, I miscounted loss totals, while keeping the win totals intact. Those are correct, and I've added two losses to both my and Adam's records. This still factors in the three games Adam called correctly on COAS but either had the wrong team or forgot to pick on ESPN. While I'm not sure where the missed count started, it's now fixed; there are 176 games on our records with 80 to go (16 over each of the five weeks). We're good now.

So as my Thanksgiving gift to you all, here are our picks against the spread for Week 13. This week, Adam and I disagree on seven of the 16 games.



Thursday Morning/Afternoon

Chicago Bears @ Detroit Lions (-7.5)
Lucas: Bears. I have no faith in the Lions' offense to take advantage of a bad Bears' defense. Also, Dominic Raiola is a thug. And shame on the NFL for allowing his thuggery to go unpunished.
Adam: Lions. The Bears have won only 5 games and who have they done it against…the Bucs, the Viks.  They only have one solid win way back in week 2 against the 49ers.  Where as the Lions seem to find ways to win tight games.  I don’t think this will be a close game.  Besides the Lions have a Pilgrim, a Hotty Pilgrim and an Indian on their side.  


Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys (-2.5)
Lucas: Cowboys. I'm not betting on Mark Sanchez on Thanksgiving. Remember what happened the last time he did?
Lucas note: This never stops being funny.
Adam: Cowboys. Murray keeps on chugging.  He only has one week this season (2 if you count the bye…haha) where he has not rushed for at least 100 yds.  I see no reason that it will not continue here.

Thursday Night

Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers (-0.5)
Lucas: 49ers. In a virtual pick 'em, I'm taking the home team. Which is smart, given recent history of this rivalry.
Adam: Seahawks:  I would have liked to see this line a little higher either way.  But I do agree that it will be a close game that comes down to the wire.  I know the beast has some back issues, but I don’t think that will stop the Seattle ground game, I just think it may come from Wilson not the Beast.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

Cleveland Browns @ Buffalo Bills (-1.5)
Lucas: Browns. Good to have you back, Josh Gordon.
Adam: Bills. What are the chances that this game get moved again, but this time due to flooding… regardless, even with Smoke-A-Dope back, and maybe even Cameron back and seeing light coverage, I like the air attack from the Bills…. did I just say that…?

Cincinnati Bengals @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3.5)
Lucas: Bengals. "We like our team, Josh is our quarterback... we have a lot of football left to play. We're onto Cincinnati."
Adam: Bengals. I have to say, I was quite impressed with how much Josh McCown threw the ball last week. But he did that against a weak defense. Cincy seems to be coming back to form for their late season push. And also, I like their 2 headed back-field of Bernard and Hill.

Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans (-6.5)
Lucas: Texans. Now that I'm actually sitting down to watch this show... I really wish someone would superimpose J.J. Watt's face on one of the Titans in this theme.
Adam: Texans. I am reserving the right to change my pick if Foster cannot play on Sunday. But lets talk about this garbage game.  Two crappy team in crappy cities with crappy QB. It’s going to come down to their RB. Titans have my boy Sankey, and Houston will have either Blue or Foster. I like Foster over Sankey, but Sankey over Blue.


Washington Redskins @ Indianapolis Colts (-9.5)
Lucas: Colts. Washington is just not good, and I'm sure Andrew Luck is drooling. Again.
Adam:  Colts. Think it’s time to put in McCoy again…

Oakland Raiders @ St. Louis Rams (-7.5)
Lucas: Raiders. I feel like the Rams have played to the level of their competition, while Oakland has been competitive most of the year. Give me the points. 
Adam: Rams. Please see my comments about the Titan’s – Texan’s game and insert here… about the only thing this game has going for it is that it will only be shown in the cities of the teams playing… I hope. To me it comes down to who can “stop” the other.  And the Rams take that.

Carolina Panthers @ Minnesota Vikings (-2.5)
Lucas: Vikings. I'm just not voting for anyone in the NFC South. Seriously. 
Adam: Panthers. Umm… umm… so I guess I will tell you about the great barbeque that I have had in Charlotte.  It was amazing.  And all that MSP has is something called a hot lucy
Lucas note: The Juicy Lucy? I mean, stuffed burgers... No, you're right. Barbecue is better.

New Orleans Saints @ Pittsburgh Steelers (-3.5)
Lucas: Steelers. Again, not voting for anyone in the NFC South. Especially the Saints on the road at an AFC North team.
Adam: Steelers.  Someone quick take my temperature; I think I have a fever…Bell to run wild.

Lucas note: If Bruce Dickinson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell.

New York Giants @ Jacksonville Jaguars (+2.5)
Lucas: Giants. DARN IT, ODELL BECKHAM, WHERE WERE YOU IN 2003?!
Adam: Giants. Please see the glory that is Beckham (no not David…O’dell) – and I have to say, I would not understand why this would not be the SportsCenter play of the year.

San Diego Chargers @ Baltimore Ravens (-5.5)
Lucas: Ravens. It's not December yet, and Baltimore is looking pretty good right now.
Adam: Ravens. I actually really like this match up and I think the line is right.  I could go either way. But I am going to look back at how the teams played last week and that has to go to the Ravens.

Sunday, Late Afternoon

Arizona Cardinals @ Atlanta Falcons (+2.5)
Lucas: Cardinals. HOW IS THIS LINE THIS SMALL?!
Adam: Falcons. I know I may be stupid with this pick, but even a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in a while.  I have this feeling that this may be the Falcon’s week.
Lucas note: Atlanta's record vs NFC South: 4-0. Atlanta's record vs everyone else: 0-7. The defense rests.

New England Patriots @ Green Bay Packers (-3.5)
Lucas: Packers. I'm nervous about this game, but I'm invoking a new rule: Don't bet against Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau.
Adam: Patriots. I will let Detective Smecker from Boondock Saints explain what will happen…


Sunday Night

Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs (+1.5)
Lucas: Broncos. I'm invoking the old rule: Don't bet against Peyton Manning at night. 
Adam: Broncos. The Chiefs have Charles…that is it.  The Broncos have Mannings, Thomas, Sanders, and this new guy Anderson. Who do you think is going to win this game.

Monday Night

Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets (+5.5)
Lucas: Dolphins. I'll let this hashtag explain everything.
Adam: Dolphins.  Do the Jets even know who their QB is…Smith and Vick basically split time last Monday.

Records So Far
Lucas: 94-82 (7-8 last week)
Adam: 81-95 (7-8 last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment