Thursday, November 20, 2014

COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em Week 12

We're onto another week of the NFL, and nearing the end of the byes. For Adam and I, we're hoping it will bring with it better weeks.

We've struggled the last couple times out, though we actually tied last week. Even so, it makes back to back weeks of sub-.500 records against the spread. We're hoping to turn that around this time, gimmicks or no.

In a fun twist that only happens every so often, my birthday happens to fall on this NFL Sunday! I get to stay home and watch football! And my wife is totally on board with it! This is awesome!

This week the final two NFL teams take their bye, giving us 15 games to make picks on. Adam and I disagree on seven of them. He didn't have an opportunity to write any commentary this week, but he did send me his official picks last night. Let's get to it!



Thursday Night

Kansas City Chiefs @ Oakland Raiders (+7.5)
Lucas: Chiefs. I'm starting to regret relegating the Chiefs in my preview this season. They look legit again.
Adam: Chiefs.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

Cleveland Browns @ Atlanta Falcons (-3.5)
Lucas: Browns. Why are the Falcons favored? Hell, why is anyone in the NFC South favored? Give me the points, and GIVE ME A UNIVERSE WHERE THE ROAD TO THE SUPER BOWL IN THE AFC GOES THROUGH CLEVELAND!
Adam: Falcons.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Chicago Bears (-5.5)
Lucas: Buccaneers. The Bears' pass defense can't stop a nosebleed, and Mike Evans is looking like a pretty good Offensive Rookie of the Year candidate. Plus, there's just something about the visual of a victorious Lovie Smith getting carried off of Soldier Field by his players that makes me smile.
Adam: Bears.

Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans (-1.5)
Lucas: Texans. Cincy proved a point last week with that win in New Orleans, so normally I'd go with them. But I'm getting an inkling that I shouldn't be betting against J.J Watt a), becoming Andy Dalton's worst nightmare and b), being the obvious go-to guy in a goal line situation and the Bengals not being able to do anything about it.
Adam: Bengals.

Detroit Lions @ New England Patriots (-6.5)
Lucas: Patriots. Detroit's defense is really good, don't get me wrong. But at New England? First place here we come!
Adam: Patriots.

Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings (+9.5)
Lucas: Packers. A bad defense going up against a quarterback who's destroying everyone in his path? Happy birthday to me.
Adam: Packers.

Tennessee Titans @ Philadelphia Eagles (-11.5)
Lucas: Titans. Lest we forget...

Adam: Eagles. 

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts (-13.5)
Lucas: Colts. Indy has gotten blown out a few times, but at home against a bad Jacksonville team? I'll gamble on the two touchdown spread.
Adam: Jaguars. 

Sunday, Late Afternoon

St. Louis Rams @ San Diego Chargers (-5.5)
Lucas: Rams. A team that has played very good teams very well going up against a team that has struggled, and it's not December yet? Upset special alert!
Adam: Rams.

Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks (-6.5)
Lucas: Cardinals. Seattle's offense hasn't been very good this year, while Arizona's defense has been fantastic. Even with Drew Stanton, I'll take the points.
Adam: Cardinals. 

Miami Dolphins @ Denver Broncos (-7.5)
Lucas: Dolphins. Two weeks in a row Peyton has thrown a pair of interceptions. I doubt this extends to three, but I could see a Miami back door cover on this game. 
Adam: Dolphins.

Washington Redskins @ San Francisco 49ers (-8.5)
Lucas: 49ers. My goodness, the Redskins are a mess.
Adam: 49ers.

Sunday Night

Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants (+3.5)
Lucas: Giants. Taking the points on a home dog/betting on the fact that Eli probably won't throw five picks again. Also, the narrative of the Cowboys going 8-8 and blowing a potential playoff spot in Week 17 is still alive.
Adam: Cowboys.

Monday Night

New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills (-2.5)
Lucas: Jets. Did you know that in that aforementioned world that I'm going to link to again, the Jets can win the AFC East while New England goes home? Either way, the inclement weather in Buffalo threw things off so much for me that I'm changing my pick to the Jets.
Adam: Bills. 

Baltimore Ravens @ New Orleans Saints (-3.5)
Lucas: Ravens. Suddenly, the Superdome doesn't seem like such a bad place to go on the road to. You know, as long as you stay away from A-hole fans who elbow you in the face to steal a football clearly being tossed to you.
Adam: Saints.

Records So Far
Lucas: 87-72 (6-8 last week)
Adam: 74-85 (6-8 last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment