Thursday, December 4, 2014

COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em Week 14

The coalition returns with another batch of NFL picks against the spread!

I'm starting to worry about my lead. I'm up to four straight subpar weeks, with this last one being the worst. Adam ended up taking five of our seven disputed games last week, so my lead is down to ten games with four weeks to go. I need a spark. Desperately. I'm no longer in first place among our group; that honor belongs to Grabbing the Bull Horns blogger Geoffrey Clark. I'm only four back of him though, so things could change! I must believe!

This week, Adam and I disagree on seven of the 16 games on the slate. Let's try to right this ship. I need it for my lead to remain safe.

Thursday Night

Dallas Cowboys @ Chicago Bears (+3.5)
Lucas: Cowboys. My wife's grandfather will probably be all in on this game. So will Tony Romo against a bad defense. 
Adam: Cowboys. How can the Bears continually find ways to keep the ball out of the hands of their stars? Note for the record, Jay is not one of their stars. I am referring to one Matt Forte.
Lucas note: I touched on this a little bit in my latest awards post for UKEndzone. Forte is near the top of the league in carries per game, but yeah... only giving Forte 11 touches against the Lions was ridiculous.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals (-3.5)
Lucas: Bengals. I'm sure Pittsburgh will have more of a focus on AJ Green since the Bengals don't have a tight quite at the caliber of Jimmy Graham, but the way they got burned last week... give me Cincy at home. 
Adam: Bengals. Should be a good game with a lot to play for on both sides. I just think AJ Green, Bernard and company will rock the house at home.

Indianapolis Colts @ Cleveland Browns (+3.5)
Lucas: Colts. I don't care who's taking snaps for Cleveland. Hoyer has struggled, and I still think Manziel is overrated. Either way, Andrew Luck is lighting up that defense like he's lit up just about everyone else.
Adam:  Browns. I think this could be a tricky game for the Colts on the road. Browns are playing this year like they have something to prove.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions (-9.5)
Lucas: Buccaneers. I'm taking the points, even though the last time Joshy Football played against the Lions, he went 6-9 for 62 yards and a touchdown. That wasn't enough to pull out a victory last time, and it won't be enough this time.
Adam: Buccaneers. Bucs have been playing better of late and as I have said before the Lions only just seem to be able to find ways to win (Bears game aside). Also, getting 9.5 points doesn’t hurt.

New York Giants @ Tennessee Titans (+0.5)
Lucas: Titans. Sell your Eli stock! Sell! SELL!
Adam: Titans. Could this be the breakout game I have been waiting to see for Sankey. I hope as I have to play him in my fantasy league, but unfortunately, I don’t think it will happen. Regardless, Titans in a close one.

St. Louis Rams @ Washington Redskins (+2.5)
Lucas: Rams. Look, Tre Mason isn't going to have that good of a game again. But I'll take the Rams over a still really dysfunctional Skins team.
Adam: Rams. After what the Rams were able to do against the Raiders, I am on board for another pounding.

Baltimore Ravens @ Miami Dolphins (-2.5)
Lucas: Dolphins. So... apparently this is a thing. Never mind that the Ravens have allowed the second most passing yards in the NFL and played it safe in multiple situations in that Chargers loss (and in the defense of the owner of this account, he acknowledged the bad pass defense on Monday).

Adam:  Ravens. Fins did not look all that impressive against the weak Jets. I think Tannehill has lost his edge. I also see another crazy game good game from Flacco coming off a heart breaking loss last week to the Chargers.


New York Jets @ Minnesota Vikings (-5.5)
Lucas: Vikings. Now that Teddy Bridgewater is starting to figure out the nuances of playing quarterback, he'll probably have as good a day as Rascal did when he found out there was turkey in the fridge.
Adam: Vikings. Look for another big game from newcomer Charles Johnson against the weak Jets secondary.

Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints (-9.5)
Lucas: Panthers. The NFC South hurts my head, so I'm taking the points and hoping Drew Brees doesn't go off/Cam can somehow get a backdoor cover. 
Adam: Saints. Saints at home and a favorite against a poor looking Panthers team of late. Though it is a lot of points I will still take Brees with his arsenal over Cam and his. Also, I would not expect Graham to be held without a catch again this week.  

Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars (+4.5)
Lucas: Texans. Were I not a ridiculous homer, I'd be voting J.J. Watt for MVP. Especially if Houston makes the playoffs. I mean... this dude can't be human.
Adam:  Texans. Ok, this I just getting absurd. J.J. Watts is a stud of studs. Does that make 3 TD catches and 4 TD total for the year?
Lucas note: Five. He's got a pick-6 and a fumble return for a touchdown, plus his three on offense. He has as many touchdowns as A.J. Green and T.Y. Hilton and has one more than Lesean McCoy.

Sunday, Late Afternoon

Buffalo Bills @ Denver Broncos (-9.5)
Lucas: Broncos. Suddenly, Denver may have a good running game too? Sorry, Buffalo.
Adam: Bills. No respect. I know the Broncos have Payton Manning, and they are at home, but the Bills have put together quite a nice season. I am taking the points here.

Kansas City Chiefs @ Arizona Cardinals (-0.5)
Lucas: Chiefs. I think everyone is starting to realize how much the Cards miss Carson Palmer.
Adam: Chiefs. Arizona lost to the Falcons… Really.

San Francisco 49ers @ Oakland Raiders (+7.5)
Lucas: 49ers. Look at those 47 percent of idiots who picked the Raiders to cover last week! How could they be so stupid?
Lucas note: ...
Adam: Raiders. I think this game could easily get away from the 49ers. Colin has not looked all that great this season and particularly of late. Raiders may also be looking for Bay Area bragging rights for the next year.

Seattle Seahawks @ Philadelphia Eagles (-1.5)
Lucas: Seahawks. I know it's on the road, but Seattle seems to be coming back into their own. It scares me a little bit. Upset special: Seahawks 24, Eagles 20. 
Adam: Seahawks. Who do I want, the Seahawks on the road or Mark “Dirty” Sanchez in basically a pick’em game. Beast it is.

Sunday Night

New England Patriots @ San Diego Chargers (+3.5)
Lucas: Chargers. Both teams are historically good in December, which makes this tough. What makes this easy is the Curse of Bieber. And a new gambling rule: Always pick against Bieber.
Adam: Patriots. I don’t see how the Pats don’t win this game by about 10. Brady and Gronk should hookup pretty often after being held out of the end-zone the last few weeks.
Lucas note: Curse. Of. Bieber.

Monday Night

Atlanta Falcons @ Green Bay Packers (-11.5)
Lucas: Packers. Let's see... the worst pass defense in the NFL (in terms of both yards and yards per attempt)... against Aaron Rodgers... at Lambeau Field. Happy belated birthday, Aaron.
Adam: Falcons. GB should have no problems with this game but 11.5 points is a lot in the NFL. I am taking the points. And if Ryan and the Falcons can have a game like last week covering should be no problem.

Records So Far
Lucas: 99-93 (5-11 last week)
Adam: 89-103 (8-8 last week)
Rascal: 0-2 (no picks since Week 9)

No comments:

Post a Comment