Thursday, October 30, 2014

COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em Week 9

We're quickly approaching the halfway point of the NFL season already. It's kind of crazy how quickly this has gone. It's been a fun season still, and there's still a lot of time left.

The coalition continues to chug along, though the gap between pickers has grown. Adam had another down week last week, while I saw my first week in double digit anything. Of last week's seven differences in picks, I ended up getting six right.

Adam had this to say before we get to our picks:

"So after several poor showings, I am going to do something that I have threatened Lucas with doing…  I am going all cheerleaders all days.  Every pick I make with be based on which cheerleader(s) I like better.  That is it."

Well then.

With six byes earned at the halfway mark, we only have 13 games this week. Adam and I disagree on eight of them. Let's see if his new, um... strategy... proves to be of any use.



Thursday Night

New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers (+2.5)
Lucas: Panthers. Even though apparently, the numbers aren't as drastic regarding the Saints' struggles on the road. I'll stick with the narrative though, especially the night before Halloween. You have to go with the black cat around Halloween.
Adam: Saints. I mean, look at the skill in holding those pom-poms.


Sunday, Early Afternoon

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Cincinnati Bengals (-11.5)
Lucas: Jaguars. Cincy is on a ridiculous streak at home, but even though this is Jacksonville we're talking about, this is a wide spread. Give me the points.
Adam: Bengals. There is no arguing with this goal line stand.


Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Cleveland Browns (-6.5)
Lucas: Browns. Did anyone think Cleveland would not only be competent this far into the season, but also still have Brian Hoyer as their starting quarterback?
Adam. Buccaneers. They win by default, but lets be honest, is there anything good that can come out of Cleveland? Lebron… sorry, wrong sport.


Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys (-4.5)
Lucas: Cardinals. Dallas already beat a physical defense, but Arizona has been better over the full course of the season than Seattle has. If I'm getting points? Mine.
Adam: Cardinals. There is just something overly consumer about the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders.


New York Jets @ Kansas City Chiefs (-9.5)
Lucas: Chiefs. I can't wait for the inevitable Michael Vick injury so Rex has no choice but to go back to Geno Smith.
Adam: Chiefs.  I am sorry are those ruffles on the butt…? I like – But I also support the NFL’s partnership with Breast Cancer awareness… going to support the tatas.


San Diego Chargers @ Miami Dolphins (-1.5)
Lucas: Chargers. Miami's been really good, but this one is a tough test. Not sure they can slow down Phillip Rivers.
Adam: Dolphins. Look at the guy in Section 305 Seat 25… who am I kidding… you’re not looking there.


Washington Redskins @ Minnesota Vikings (-1.5)
Lucas: Vikings. We live in a world where, if I'm handing out the usual end-of-season awards specifically to the teams in the NFC North, three of them are going to Vikings players. I don't know what to believe anymore. 
Adam: Vikings. How can you argue with bar wench outfits?


Philadelphia Eagles @ Houston Texans (+2.5)
Lucas: Eagles. Barring J.J. Watt going off (not out of the question), can Ryan Fitzpatrick get into a shootout with Admiral Kelly and win? I think not.
Adam: Texans. ...Oh, excuse me, do I have something in my hair…?


Sunday, Late Afternoon

St. Louis Rams @ San Francisco 49ers (-9.5)
Lucas: Rams. I know St. Louis hasn't been very good this season, but I think this line is way too high.
Adam: Rams. Got to give a salute out to our armed services.


Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots (+3.5)
Lucas: Patriots. I love this rivalry, and I definitely think the Broncos are the better team. Problem is... Tom Brady doesn't lose at home. Either home, for that matter.
Adam: Broncos.  Did someone turn on the fan?


Oakland Raiders @ Seattle Seahawks (-14.5)
Lucas: Raiders. "You think the training mask is your ally... you'd be wrong. I was born in the training mask... molded by it. I didn't see life without a mask until I was already a man."
Adam: Seahawks. There is just something about this photo that I love…

Sunday Night

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers (-0.5)
Lucas: Steelers. I feel dirty picking these guys after watching them tear it up wearing those damn bee uniforms.
Adam: Ravens. By default; Steelers do not have cheerleaders.


Monday Night

Indianapolis Colts @ New York Giants (+3.5)
Lucas: Colts. There's no way the Colts' defense gets lit up for the second week in a row... right?
Adam: Colts. By default; Giants do not have cheerleaders.  But going to end with the a little Christmas cheer.



Records So Far
Lucas: 65-54 (10-5 last week)
Adam: 55-64 (5-10 last week)
Rascal: 0-1 (0-1 last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment