Thursday, March 20, 2014

Probably Faulty Bracketology: NCAA Tournament Predictions

We interrupt our focus on finding a football champion to bring you some basketball.

I've said for years and continue to maintain that the best four-day stretch of sports is the opening weekend of the NCAA Tournament. Wall to wall basketball for four days? Count me in.

I started up a bracket pool again this year, but didn't get any takers this time around. Nonetheless, I figured I should at least share my picks to show everyone how much of an idiot I am when it comes to this and how I will almost certainly lose out on winning a billion dollars by 3:15 this afternoon.

While it might be difficult to see, you can click on the image to see a zoomed in view. If you're lazy, my Final Four is Florida, San Diego State, Wichita State and Michigan State. I have the Spartans topping the Shockers 71-62 in the title game.

I've had good first days in the past; I think my best finish was 15-1 after a single day before things started to fall apart. It always seems to happen on either the Friday or the Saturday. Last year it happened on the Thursday when I made the mistake of picking New Mexico to make the Final Four and seeing them lose their opener. I look forward to seeing some other shenanigans destroy my bracket this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment