Wednesday, October 23, 2013

2013 NCAA FBS Rankings: Week 9

You know we're getting to the good part of football season when we start talking playoffs, and every game really starts to have serious implications. We are that far now, since I have my first Death to the BCS seedings out. And these will probably change a fair amount over the next month or so. Such is the nature of college football.

Now that I'm caught up on my spreadsheet and all my numbers I should be good to go to update the weekly rankings of each conference. If you want to see where everyone ranked through 8 weeks with some tweaks since I had to reenter all the numbers, you can find those rankings here. In the meantime, here's where we stand with the one game that started last night and the several more to be played yet through Saturday.



1. Conference USA (0.21, 7.00; LW: 1). Florida Atlantic visits Auburn.
2. MAC (0.00, 6.46; LW: 2). No change.
3. Sun Belt (0.00, 6.00; LW: 3). No change.
4. Mountain West (0.25, 5.33; LW: 5). Boise State visits BYU while Air Force welcomes in Notre Dame.
5. American Athletic (0.00, 5.10; LW: 4). No change.
6. Big Ten (0.00, 4.17; LW: 6). No change.
7. SEC (0.07, 3.50; LW: 7). Auburn hosts Florida Atlantic and Ole Miss welcomes in Idaho. LSU, meanwhile, gets its near-Halloween cupcake.
8. ACC (0.14, 3.29, LW: 8). Pitt visits Navy.
9. Pac-12 (0.00, 3.00; LW: 9). No change.
10. Big 12 (0.00, 2.80; LW: 10). No change.

At some point I will need to make sure I update the Road-Home Disparity Index, something I haven't included at all, not even in the playoff seedings yet. That can come over the weekend. Until then I'm primarily focusing on how well conferences schedule games and using individual schools' rankings to help with seeding.

In the meantime, I'll have new seedings early next week to reflect the weekend's games. Tomorrow, with an even-numbered NFL week approaching, I'll Nathaniel's and my picks of the NFL slate.

No comments:

Post a Comment