Wednesday, November 23, 2016

2016 COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em: Week 12

With Thanksgiving tomorrow, I'm trying to get a beat on everything. Yes, this means I'm spending my 27th birthday looking over NFL games.

Unfortunately this past week, I performed worse than NFL place kickers. I'm still out of the basement, but Adam took four of our five disputed games this past week to rebuild his lead over me. I also have a Google sheet with updated standings through last week with a breakdown of how we're picking in relation to each other.

We're done with bye weeks finally, so we're back to the 16 games. Adam has decided, despite his success last week, that he needs some mojo. He had Aiden pick games based on mascot names, and he would come up with the justifications. Because of that, the disparity this week is enormous. We disagree on a whopping 12 games, which I think is a COAS record.

From all of us at Confessions of a Sportscaster, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Thursday Morning

Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions (-2.5)
Lucas: Vikings. Minnesota seems to be righting the ship a little bit. I also still don't buy Detroit being the best team in the NFC North.
Adam: Lions. This game to me will come down to how Minn defense plays.  If the past few weeks are any indications, Lions should have no problem covering the 2.5.

Thursday, Early Afternoon

Washington Redskins @ Dallas Cowboys (-7.5)
Lucas: Redskins. Tempting as it is to ride the Cowboys, this line is awfully high. Kirk Cousins for the back door cover!
Adam: Cowboys. Because we are moving there (Aiden).
Lucas note: AIDEN TOO?!
Adam note: Lame.
Lucas note: He knew I'd do this. I stand by it. Traitor. :P

Thursday Night

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Indianapolis Colts (+7.5)
Lucas: Steelers. I'm sure this looked like a great matchup on paper, but with the way the Colts' defense plays this year, this line makes perfect sense. Have fun, Ben.
Adam: Steelers. 7.5 is a big line to be giving up on the road, but given that Luck is probably not playing, I think this line could have been higher.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

Arizona Cardinals @ Atlanta Falcons (-4.5)

Lucas: Falcons. Western team playing out east at noon? Against a Matt Ryan/Julio Jones offense? I'll lay the points, thank you.
Adam: Falcons. DJ vs. JJ. Should be an explosive game, but Atlanta takes it at home.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Buffalo Bills (-6.5)
Lucas: Jaguars. Taking the points, gutsy as it is.
Adam: Bills. Bills at home, and McCoy avoiding major injury, Jags are terrible...

Tennessee Titans @ Chicago Bears (+3.5)
Lucas: Titans. Are guys intentionally taking PED's to avoid playing for the Bears this season? I'd probably still consider playing just for the check even though I'd be terrible.
Adam: Bears. This one is all Aiden... It is pretty amazing that the Bears have had 2 players suspended for PED's, and they only won 2 games despite this. God, the Bears suck. But this is Aiden's pick...
Lucas note: In Aiden's defense, they won last time...

Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens (-4.5)

Lucas: Ravens. Because, no, moron, there's no fix.
Adam: Ravens. A deceptively good team this year...
New York Giants @ Cleveland Browns (+7.5)
Lucas: Giants. I'm all for an 0-16 season happening to make the "God hates Cleveland" jokes forever.
Adam: Browns. Again this is Aiden's pick, but given the most recent game by the GMen (against the Bears) and that it was a tight game till the end... I give the Browns a fair chance.

Los Angeles Rams @ New Orleans Saints (-6.5)
Lucas: Saints. If the Rams blew a 10 point lead at home to Miami, what makes you think they can hold a candle to the Saints?
Adam: Saints. Brees at home...that is all.

San Francisco 49ers @ Miami Dolphins (-7.5)
Lucas: 49ers. I'm taking the points. Yeah, Miami made the nice comeback here and the Niners suck, but this is a lot. I don't fully trust Ryan Tannehill.
Adam: Dolphins. Though the 49ers have been in some tough games, the fins with Jay Ajayi should tear it up.

San Diego Chargers @ Houston Texans (-1.5)
Lucas: Chargers. I'm surprised San Diego is an underdog in this one, even though the Texans got screwed in Mexico. On that note, reports of my incarceration in a Mexican jail remain exaggerated.
Adam: Texans. Houston is the armpit of America. Maybe that will distract the Chargers from performing well...
Lucas note: Is there some sort of Houston-Dallas rivalry that I'm missing here...?

Sunday, Late Afternoon

Seattle Seahawks @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+5.5)
Lucas: Seahawks. Welp, Seattle's heated up. 
Adam: Buccaneers. I asked Aiden why he pick the Bucs. His response: ''because they are pirates"...I like his logic.
Lucas note: 


Carolina Panthers @ Oakland Raiders (-3.5)
Lucas: Raiders. Did anyone have Oakland as the #2 team in the AFC? Because I sure as hell didn't.
Adam: Panthers. I think he likes Panthers...

New England Patriots @ New York Jets (+7.5)
Lucas: Patriots. Happy anniversary!
Adam: Jets. Some one needs to inform Aiden of a new golden rule of football...
Adam note: Touchdown Tom, young Padawan.
Sunday Night

Kansas City Chiefs @ Denver Broncos (-3.5)
Lucas: Chiefs. Taking the points because I don't trust Denver.
Adam: Broncos. This apparently is Aiden's second favorite team. I am ok with that... except his first is the B&@^$.
Lucas note: That fact that you censored it as if it's an obscenity is hilarious.

Monday Night

Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles (-3.5)
Lucas: Eagles. Fire everybody.
Adam: Packers. From Aiden...Happy Birthday to Lucas.
Adam note:  Packers pack fudge.
Lucas note:


Records So Far
Lucas: 76-85 (4-10 last week)
Adam: 80-81 (7-7 last week)
Aiden: 1-1
Scott: 75-86 (7-7 last week)
Grant: 80-80 (8-5 last week)
Logan: 82-79 (6-8 last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment