Thursday, September 24, 2015

2015 COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em: Week 3

The coalition is back to it as we approach the start of Week 3 in the NFL!

Last week was not a good week for a lot of people, but myself especially, as my "hero" picks wound up being way off the mark. On the whole, Adam and I actually didn't end up separated by much, with him taking five of the eight disputed games. Even so, I'm now sitting in last place amongst the group, while Adam is in first.

One thing to note though, because it happens every year and I always find some way to screw something up is that on ESPN, I picked Houston over Carolina, but my blog post had Carolina winning. I therefore have one more win than ESPN says I do, which may balance out at some point, or we'll see Adam goof somewhere along the line. I don't know. It always happens at least a couple times a season.

Anyway, looking ahead, Adam and I disagree on an astounding 10 games in Week 3. I think that's a record. Let's get to the picks.



Thursday Night

Washington Redskins @ New York Giants (-3.5) 
Lucas: Redskins. Did we all completely underestimate Washington because of the circus around RG3? I really don't know what's going on here.
Adam: Giants. Though the Skins have surprised a little, I like the Giants at home.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

Atlanta Falcons @ Dallas Cowboys (+0.5)
Lucas: Falcons. Ladies and gentlemen, your starting quarterback for America's Team.
Adam: Falcons. This line must have been set before Romo got hurt, haha. I just don’t see how Dallas wins this game.
Lucas note: Maybe Vegas knows something we don't...?


Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens (-2.5)
Lucas: Ravens. Baltimore is just too good to fall to 0-3. I think they handle A.J. Green and company.
Adam: Bengals. I think Hill will rebound after an off week. Baltimore’s D has also looked more susceptible than initially thought.

Oakland Raiders @ Cleveland Browns (-3.5)
Lucas: Browns. Even with the breaking news on Wednesday that Josh McCown is starting, I'm sticking with Cleveland, though I do question the decision to start McCown over Manziel. And I wasn't sure I'd ever say that...
Adam: Raiders. Flying with Carr and Cooper again.

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans (+3.5)
Lucas: Colts. Andrew Luck isn't going to let the Colts fall to 0-3... right? 
Adam: Colts. Indy just cannot drop 3 in a row. I like laying the points here. I see a blow out brewing.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ St. Louis Rams (+1.5)
Lucas: Steelers. This is a small enough line that I'm in. St. Louis won't crap the bed, but Le'Veon Bell is back. That has to count for something.
Adam: Steelers. The Bell is back… that is all you need to know.

San Diego Chargers @ Minnesota Vikings (-2.5)
Lucas: Vikings. You all remember what happened the last time San Diego came to Minnesota, right? This one's for you, Ragnar.
Adam: Chargers. Could have gone either way here. I like San Diego getting points in this spot.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots (-13.5)
Lucas: Jaguars. Normally after last week, I wouldn't dare pick against Brady and company, but two touchdowns is a lot. Please don't kill me, Tom/Gronk.
Adam: Patriots. I should take the points, but I am breaking a gambling rule. New England has been killing it of late.

New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers (-6.5)
Lucas: Panthers. Your time to shine, Luke. Godspeed.
Adam: Saints. I am picking this assuming Brees is back.  Car a home is tough, but give up 6.5 is lot to a potentially lethal New Orleans offense.

Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Jets (-2.5)
Lucas: Jets. A thought occurs. If we keep the Star Trek parallels going with Admiral Kelly leading the Eagles Warp Offense, that makes Sam Bradford a captain, and while I'm not sure who the First Officer would be, DeMarco Murray is Geordi LaForge. The fact that he has just 11 yards rushing must mean he's been brainwashed by the Romulans... which in this case would be the Cowboys? Now I want to Photoshop a picture of Jerry Jones as a Romulan. Also, my head hurts.
Adam: Jets. Riding the Jets again. I like what I have seen, and Philly has yet to show much of anything.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Houston Texans (-6.5)
Lucas: Buccaneers. I don't understand. How is Houston almost a touchdown favorite? I'm not sold on Ryan Mallett, and unless J.J. Watt unleashes hell, I'm not convinced the Texans will even win.
Adam: Texans. This is another tough call.  But I like Houston's D to stop Tampa Bay and for Houston to put up some decent points.

Sunday, Late Afternoon

San Francisco 49ers @ Arizona Cardinals (-6.5)
Lucas: 49ers. Taking the points here since the Niners aren't going to give up like 40 points again, and the Cardinals aren't going to score that many points either.
Adam: Cardinals. I just like what I saw against my Bears last week. Palmer is an underrated QB.

Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins (-2.5) 
Lucas: Dolphins. I'm predicting a letdown week for the Bills after Rex did all that rah-rah stuff leading up to the Patriots game.
Adam: Dolphins. I still don’t think much of the Bills. On the road against an another underrated team does not look good.

Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks (-14.5)
Lucas: Bears. Look, Kam Chancellor coming back means Chicago is going to get killed worse than before, but I'm not ruling out the back door cover even from Jimmy Freaking Clausen. Two touchdowns is a lot. Side notes: K.J. Wright is a thug and should be suspended for multiple games, and Pete Carroll needs to quit his b****ing.
Adam: Seahawks. HAHA, I should take the points and pick my Bears, but even I am not that stupid. Lay the points and watch the Beast awaken.
Lucas note: Are you calling me stupid...?
 
Sunday Night

Denver Broncos @ Detroit Lions (+4.5)
Lucas: Broncos. Hold on, I'm not done at the chalkboard yet.
Adam: Broncos. Never bet against Manning at night (so Lucas has told me before).
Lucas note: He's learning!


Monday Night

Kansas City Chiefs @ Green Bay Packers (-7.5)
Lucas: Packers. After reading SI's cover article from last week, do you really think Aaron Rodgers is going to let the Chiefs make this close?
Adam: Chiefs. I like GB at like -4.5 to -5.5, but more than a TD against Charles and Kelce seems a bit much. Also the Pack may be hurting with Lacy down.

Records So Far
Lucas: 15-17 (6-10 last week)
Adam: 18-14 (8-8 last week)
Geoffrey: 15-17 (8-8 last week)
Scott: 17-15 (7-9 last week)
Gizmo: 2-0 (1-0 last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment