Thursday, December 15, 2022

2022 COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em: Week 15

The byes are complete, 64 games remain, and the coalition is getting down to the nitty gritty as we move onto Week 15 of the NFL season.

It wasn't my best performance this past week, but it was an improvement to be sure. Despite Adam taking two of three from me, I grabbed three of four from Joe and Adam took five of seven from him to shuffle the standings a little bit.

The most important part, for me anyway, is that after a week out of the top spot I'm back into a tie for first place. Just ten games separate first from last, so it's not like anyone is getting absolutely routed either. You can view how we've picked in relation to each other here, and the splits Adam has been monitoring can be found here.

As we round turn four, Adam and I disagree on six games, Joe and I on four, and Joe and Adam on six games out of 16. Let's get to it!

Thursday Night

San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks (+3.5)
Lucas: 49ers. Well, the Seahawk Cinderella story was fun while it lasted, I guess. They're still gonna get a really good draft pick though, which is huge for them.
Adam: Seahawks. So it seems that San Francisco continues to get injury after injury after injury; apparently Mr. Irrelevant is now injured and may not be able to go. Don’t get me wrong; CMC is more than capable of taking charge, but I like the cover here by Seattle.
Joe: 49ers.

Saturday, Early Afternoon

Indianapolis Colts @ Minnesota Vikings (-4.5)
Lucas: Vikings. Minnesota is going to choke in the playoffs; we all know this is coming. That's what's going to make a curbstomping of a bad Colts team all the more confusing in a few weeks.
Adam: Vikings. Not much to say here. Minnesota has now lost two of their past four and their two wins were by a touchdown or less. Certainly a slide from earlier this year, but Indy is not much to look at.
Joe: Vikings.

Saturday, Late Afternoon

Baltimore Ravens @ Cleveland Browns (-2.5)
Lucas: Ravens. Watson is still rusty. Ravens roll.
Adam: Browns. This is a game of two teams with opposite trajectories: Baltimore down and Cleveland up. At home, I’ll take the Browns by 4.
Joe: Browns.

Saturday Night

Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills (-7.5)
Lucas: Bills. Have fun in the snow, Dolphins.
Adam: Dolphins. I get it; Miami did not look good last week against the Chargers. But the Bills have been vulnerable at times. I see a Miami cover, but Buffalo win.
Joe: Bills.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints (-3.5)
Lucas: Saints. Look, this is purely a pick for sheer anarchy in the NFC South.


Adam: Falcons. No reason other than at 5-8, Atlanta is still in the NFC South hunt. I mean, I guess technically so is New Orleans, but not really.
Joe: Falcons.

Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Bears (+8.5)
Lucas: Eagles. Nick Sirianni, I have nothing against you and I bet you win on Sunday. But this is the only win you're getting over a Chicagoland area team this weekend.

Lucas note: Go Cardinals, beat Mount Union.Adam: Eagles. This game won’t be close from the 2nd Philly possession on.
Joe: Eagles.

Detroit Lions @ New York Jets (-0.5)
Lucas: Lions. I realize I'm going against The Coin, but I think the Lions are going to sneak into the playoffs. And honestly, I hope they do. Go make some noise, little brother.
Adam: Lions. Is it sad that I am sad that I don’t get to say MILF Hunter 3000 every week? Yeah, so is Mike White who went down and had to give way to *checks notes* Joe Flacco? Is he still in the NFL?
Joe: Lions.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Carolina Panthers (-2.5)
Lucas: Panthers. Steve Wilks deserves a shot full time with this group. He's 4-4 on the year, but that's been with a revolving door at quarterback and having to clean up Matt Rhule's mess.
Adam: Panthers. But can I seriously just say: I don’t get anything about Carolina. Three starting QB's, traded their star running back, dropped the “star” quarterback they traded for, fired their coach... now seem to have made the field ghostproof for Sam “I see ghosts” Darnold. Wild.
Joe: Panthers.

Dallas Cowboys @ Jacksonville Jaguars (+4.5)
Lucas: Cowboys. I think the Houston game was a wake up call. They'll be ready for the Jags... but Dem Boyz are still gonna choke in January.
Adam: Jaguars. Serious conversations on Dallas radio: is Dak holding the team back? I don’t need to remind everyone of my opinions. Sunshine for the win straight up.
Joe: Cowboys.

Kansas City Chiefs @ Houston Texans (+14.5)
Lucas: Texans. Taking the points to build off of the Texans' impressive tank job last week.
Adam: Texans Chiefs. Don’t pick the team giving two touchdowns... don’t pick the team giving two touchdowns... don’t pick the- eff it, KC. But let’s be honest, Houston played out of their gourds last week and are bound to have a letdown plus Mahomie is Mahomie.
Lucas note: Counterpoint: whatever the heck happened against the Broncos last week. Also an important note: This is not a mulligan pick for Adam; this was how he sent it to me.
Joe: Texans.

Sunday, Late Afternoon

Arizona Cardinals @ Denver Broncos (-0.5)
Lucas: Broncos. Get well soon, Kyler.
Adam: Broncos. Dare I say Murray planned this to just spend the rest of the year playing COD.
Lucas note: Too soon.
Joe: Broncos.

New England Patriots @ Las Vegas Raiders (-0.5)
Lucas: Raiders. I can't believe we have three pick 'em's this week. Vegas still seems sneaky to me, so I'll ride them here.
Adam: Raiders. News reports about Billy Boy Belichick and Pam Anderson. That is all.
Joe: Patriots.

Tennessee Titans @ Los Angeles Chargers (-3.5)
Lucas: Chargers. LA is going to do something spectacular to miss the playoffs, but they need to set themselves up to make it first; as such they need this win and probably get it.
Adam: Chargers. When you have equal running backs, I like to look at the quarterback play. Herbert is much better than Tannehill and I hope he can lead me to a big $$$ league fantasy championship.
Joe: Chargers.

Cincinnati Bengals @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3.5)
Lucas: Bengals. You think Brady has ever contemplated murdering Byron Leftwich and Todd Bowles?
Adam: Bengals. I am always suspect of lines I think are off, but this is a home game for Tampa. I would have thought 4.5-5.5 would have been more accurate, in my opinion.
Joe: Bengals.

Sunday Night

New York Giants @ Washington Commanders (-4.5)
Lucas: Giants. I'm all on the "second tie between these teams" train.
Adam: Giants. I know New York is 0-3-1 in the past 4, but look at who they played: a surging Lions team, Dallas in Dallas, the Commanders to a draw, and Philly at home. That is a gauntlet. I like a rebound and a clear win by the G-Men.
Joe: Commanders.

Monday Night

Los Angeles Rams @ Green Bay Packers (-7.5)
Lucas: Rams. I think the Packers win; don't get me wrong. I just don't know that they should be favored by this much, even with Baker Mayfield returning to the scene of his four interception day last Christmas.

Adam: Rams. Despite not being a big Baker fan, you have to admire the awesomeness of last week. Coming in on two days work after being dropped by the former team to lead a game winning drive 98 yards in less than 2 minutes with no time outs. That’s baller.
Joe: Rams.

Records So Far
Lucas: 100-108 (6-7 last week)
Adam: 95-113 (7-6 last week)
Joe: 93-115 (4-9 last week)
Geoffrey: 90-118 (3-10 last week)
Jim: 100-108 (4-9 last week)
Tom: 96-112 (7-6 last week) 

No comments:

Post a Comment