Wednesday, November 23, 2022

2022 COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em: Week 12

We're on accelerated deadlines this week, so the coalition returns a day early with our Week 12 NFL picks!

I would have loved to continue our tradition from the last couple of years and do this in podcast form, but unfortunately I was occupied by the Battle of Chicago-Maple Avenue, and didn't have the bandwidth for it. Thankfully, Adam and Joe were accommodating with the schedule adjustment.

Speaking of, I grabbed four of seven from Adam, Joe took two of three from me, and he took five of eight from Adam last week. My lead remains at three games in the group, while Adam has fallen into last place. You can view how we've picked in relation to each other here; Adam split four hero picks last week to help bring our group record to 35-24 in hero games, which is really good. Adam has also been tracking home/road favorite/underdog splits, as well as by timeslots.

As we return to a full schedule at least for one week, Adam and I disagree on six games (he guessed seven when he sent me his stuff on Tuesday afternoon), Joe and I on four, and Adam and Joe on six out of 16. Let's get to it! From all of us at Confessions of a Sportscaster, have a happy Thanskgiving!

Thursday Morning

Buffalo Bills @ Detroit Lions (+9.5)
Lucas: Lions. I think this is the most impactful Thanksgiving game for the Lions in quite some time. I think they continue to rise to the challenge.
Adam: Bills. I don’t love the line, but this has to be some sort of weird stat line. Playing a game as home and then road team within a weeks’ time at a stadium that is not yours. Something tells me they will rename the field from Ford field to Allen field after this Thanksgiving game.
Joe: Lions.

Thursday Afternoon

New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys (-9.5)
Lucas: Giants. This is an overreaction to the Cowboys playing the game of their lives this past week. Taking the points.
Adam: Giants. Now that Jerra is cleaned up from him... enjoying... the last game a little too much, I see this as a divisional match in a plus side division which will have lasting impact on the playoff picture. G-men come to play.
Lucas note: Gross. Accurate, but gross.
Joe: Giants.

Thursday Night

New England Patriots @ Minnesota Vikings (-3.5)
Lucas: Patriots. Alway bet against Kirk Cousins at night.
Adam: Vikings. Coming off an embarrassment of a game last week I see Minnesota rebounding at home against the Pats.
Joe: Vikings.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Cleveland Browns (+3.5)
Lucas: Buccaneers. Remember when I called Freezing Cold Takes for Adam's thing about Brady's MVP campaign? I think I called it for me.


Adam: Buccaneers. Not much to say about this game.
Joe: Buccaneers.

Cincinnati Bengals @ Tennessee Titans (+1.5)
Lucas: Bengals. I think I'll ride with the offense that didn't just drive drunk a week or so ago.
Adam: Bengals. Getting Mixon back (assuming he clears protocol) and Jamarr Chase (assuming he comes back as expected) this game won’t be close. Even with one or both missing, I see an easy W in store for Kevin and crew.
Joe: Titans.

Houston Texans @ Miami Dolphins (-12.5)
Lucas: Dolphins. This line is a tall order, so I'm a little hesitant, but I'm gonna stick with it.
Adam: Dolphins. This line almost makes me want to switch. But with it being a home game and the discussion from Lovie that he may move from Mills just points to a tank bowl for Houston. Plus side, I expect this game to get out of hand quickly taking away the passing game, and considering I am playing a guy in one of my fantasy leagues that has Hill and Waddle for his WR, I like my chances they underperform and I can sneak a W.
Lucas note: Watch Tua hit both for a pair of long touchdowns apiece on Sunday to eff with you.
Joe: Dolphins.

Chicago Bears @ New York Jets (-4.5)
Lucas: Bears. I told you last week about The Coin. It picked the Bears this week. I still don't make the rules.


Adam: Bears. Trust the coin. That is all.
Lucas note: See, Adam gets it.
Joe: Bears.

Atlanta Falcons @ Washington Commanders (-4.5)
Lucas: Falcons. I'm sorry, Taylor Heinicke, I'm just taking the points here.
Adam: Commanders. Could go either way, but I am hoping for a closer game so that both running backs get some production as I have both in a couple of fantasy leagues (I went WR/TE/QB heavy in a couple of leagues). I’ll lean home team here.
Joe: Commanders.

Denver Broncos @ Carolina Panthers (+2.5)
Lucas: Panthers. Too bad Matt Rhule still isn't in Carolina; this could have been fun a crapshow 0-0 game.
Adam: Broncos. No further comment. This could just be a bad game.
Joe: Panthers.

Baltimore Ravens @ Jacksonville Jaguars (+4.5)
Lucas: Jaguars. Just a gut feeling here, probably has something to do with getting points at home.
Adam: Jaguars. You heard it here first: Sunshine and Jags with the upset. Not just win, but by- dare I say- double digits.
Joe: Ravens.

Sunday, Late Afternoon

Los Angeles Chargers @ Arizona Cardinals (+1.5)
Lucas: Chargers. Something something Kyler Murray, something something something Call of Duty.
Adam: Chargers. Just hope Murray plays to make this somewhat of a game.
Joe: Chargers.

Las Vegas Raiders @ Seattle Seahawks (-3.5)
Lucas: Seahawks. You don't get the benefit of the doubt from beating a bad Broncos team.
Adam: Raiders. Last minute switch; I forgot how much I detest Pete Carroll. Plus, I feel like I saw a stat that despite their horrendous record Carr/Adams have combined for the most touchdowns in the league. That’s impressive.
Joe: Seahawks.

Los Angeles Rams @ Kansas City Chiefs (-14.5)
Lucas: Rams. 12.5 points I can handle. 14.5, not so much (even though I could totally see the Chiefs pulling this off.)
Adam: Chiefs. This is more a pick for my opinion that the Rams are bad as opposed to that KC is that much better. With both teams healthy I think this is a closer game than 14, but that is not the case here. Mahomie and Kelce will romp per usual.
Joe: Rams.

New Orleans Saints @ San Francisco 49ers (-4.5)
Lucas: 49ers. I don't get the Saints. Not sure I get the Niners either, but still.
Adam: 49ers. I think Monday night in Mexico was the first time in five or six quarters that Jimmy G threw a touchdown pass. Its crazy to think how good people think he is when he is really just a really good bus driver. I do think he gave San Francisco a better chance this year than Lance, but we will never truly know.
Joe: 49ers.

Sunday Night

Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles (-7.5)
Lucas: Packers. I know this seems crazy, but the Packers beat a good Dallas team and covered in Buffalo on their last Sunday Night game. Is it really that farfetched to think they can back door cover against an Eagle team that's maybe having a midseason swoon?
Adam: Packers. Just surviving Indy was not the result for last week I expected. The Philly Fanatic was funny to see belly jiggling on that last touchdown. I don’t see Green Bay winning, but covering should be an easy task. I just hope that game comes down to Sad Rodgers for a game-winning touchdown pass that gets dropped by his young receiving corps. Sad Rodgers is my favorite Rodgers.
Lucas note: New contender for Offensive Rookie of the Year Christian Watson for a late game-winning score confirmed.
Joe: Packers.

Monday Night

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Indianapolis Colts (-2.5)
Lucas: Colts. If the Colts can somehow still find themselves in contention for the playoffs, you have to consider Jeff Saturday for Coach of the Year, right?
Adam: Colts. Is this really the MNF we get? Blahhh.
Joe: Colts.

Records So Far
Lucas: 81-83 (7-7 last week)
Adam: 70-94 (6-8 last week)
Joe: 71-93 (8-6 last week)
Geoffrey: 73-91 (5-9 last week)
Jim: 78-86 (7-7 last week)
Tom: 73-91 (5-9 last week) 

No comments:

Post a Comment