Thursday, November 17, 2022

2022 COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em: Week 11

The coalition is back at it again as we return for another week of picking NFL games against the spread!

On the whole we've been improving and slowly working our way into better records for the most part. Or at least, I have, as I'm now just two games under .500 after grabbing four of seven disputed games from Adam and sweeping the two with Joe, while Adam took five of his nine with Joe last week.

You can view how we've all pick in relation to each other here, and Adam is maintaining a list of how we've picked both by time slot as well as with regards to home/road favorites/underdogs.

This week, Adam and I disagree on seven games, Joe and I on three, and Joe and Adam on eight games out of 14. Let's get to it!

Thursday Night

Tennessee Titans @ Green Bay Packers (-3.5)
Lucas: Titans. Bringing this back from two years ago, seeing as it will probably be more accurate than the 2020 meeting.


Adam: Packers. Could turn out to be a solid TNF considering some of the duds we have seen. I like Green Bay riding the high off beating Dak, Jerra and team last week.
Joe: Titans.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

Chicago Bears @ Atlanta Falcons (-3.5)
Lucas: Bears. If we go by Adam's noted pattern from last week, this should be an "up" week, considering last week was a choke against the Lions (THE LIONS!)
Adam: Falcons. I know a lot of people are really high on Fields, but Atlanta has been playing well too. So I will take a whole team playing well versus just the QB.
Joe: Bears.

Cleveland Browns @ Buffalo Bills (-9.5)
Lucas: Bills. I don't think it matters even if Buffalo gets the 4-6 feet of snow that's being forecasted. They're taking it out on the Factory of Sadness.
Adam: Browns. This is purely a line pick; I don’t like this line. I’ll take the points in these cases and hope my not liking the line was right.
Joe: Bills.

Philadelphia Eagles @ Indianapolis Colts (+7.5)
Lucas: Colts. Don't bet against Jeff Saturday, I guess?
Adam: Eagles. I know there are memes about Philly have not really been tested as of last week, with their fall to the sneaky Commanders as evidence. I’ll put a touch of hubris and a touch of bad luck as the reason for last weeks loss. I believe they matched their season total turnovers in just the 2nd half in a sloppy game at best for Philly. I don’t see that happening again.
Lucas note: Yeah, those 3 second half fumbles (that last one shouldn't really count given the circumstances, but whatever) that eclipsed Philly's turnover numbers through their first 8 games is kinda fluky, and some questionable officiating at times didn't help either.
Joe: Eagles.

New York Jets @ New England Patriots (-2.5)
Lucas: Patriots. Sorry, The Coin predicted a Pats win. I don't make the rules.


Adam: Jets. Duh nah, duh nuh, dun nuh, MILF HUNTER.
Joe: Patriots.

Los Angeles Rams @ New Orleans Saints (-3.5)
Lucas: Rams. Don't trust the Saints. Don't really trust the Rams either, but still.
Adam: Saints. The Rams are not in anything close to a good spot and lost Kupp for at least 4 weeks, though likely longer. New Orleans hasn’t done much either, but as the home team I’ll hope they pull it out.
Joe: Rams.

Detroit Lions @ New York Giants (-3.5)
Lucas: Giants. I still don't trust this Lions team, win streak notwithstanding.
Adam: Giants. I was originally tempted to go the other way with this one, but the line would need to be a little higher.
Joe: Giants.

Carolina Panthers @ Baltimore Ravens (-12.5)
Lucas: Panthers. I know the Ravens tried to upgrade at the deadline, but until they prove themselves I don't think they should be double digit favorites. Calling for a backdoor cover here.
Adam: Panthers. With Baker back under center we will get to see where he is on his Cycle. I am going to be he is looking to prove (or is it re-re-re-reprove) why he should be the quarterback of the future.
Joe: Panthers.

Washington Commanders @ Houston Texans (+2.5)
Lucas: Commanders. Taylor Heinicke forever.
Adam: Commanders. More of a coin flip, but what a smart play by Heinicke last week: knew he was not going to make a pass, didn’t want to fumble, so took a knee while seeing a lineman bearing down on him. Yep, got a flag. I was going to pick the Texans when I thought Wentz was coming back, but that got jacked with the news that Heinicke is starting. Sticking with Washington.
Joe: Commanders.

Sunday, Late Afternoon

Las Vegas Raiders @ Denver Broncos (-2.5)
Lucas: Broncos. I'm looking forward to the chess checkers CandyLand matchup between Nathaniel Hackett and Josh McDaniels here.
Adam: Broncos. Any more losses and Sid is going to start blowing up more toys.
Joe: Raiders.

Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings (+0.5)
Lucas: Vikings. Adam, are we in Heiferladies territory yet?
Adam: Vikings. Hot take, I know, but I have never been a fan of Dak; I have always put him as a middling QB. He has shown that time and time again. Then has a game that makes me go wellllll... But that never lasts. For the record, QB's I would prefer over Dak in no particular order: Tua, Allen, Mahomie, Herbert, Jackson, Burrow, Sunshine, Wilson, Hurts, Stafford, Murray, Rodgers, Fields, Brady, MILF Hunter.
Lucas note: Not a hot take; I think the whole of the column agrees with you. I went back to try and find the previous Pick 'Em column but couldn't find it; somewhere along the line though we talked about QB rankings and had Dak as a league average one. That list above puts him in that same tier. And heck, even looking at net yards per attempt through 10 weeks, Dak is 17th (bearing in mind he missed a bunch of games).
Joe: Vikings.

Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers (+4.5)
Lucas: Bengals. Probably good that this got flexed out of the Sunday Night slot. Could be ugly.
Adam: Bengals. I don’t think we quite see a repeat performance for Mixon as we did from a couple weeks ago, but I still don’t see a close game. Cincy by 14.
Joe: Bengals.

Sunday Night

Kansas City Chiefs @ Los Angeles Chargers (+6.5)
Lucas: Chiefs. I don't know how healthy Justin Herbert is, and if he's not 100% this could get ugly.
Adam: Chargers. I really need Herbert to return back to his early season form. I know some is lingering injury and some is his receiving corps being sidelinned. If those two things can come together Herbert will be back at top form. Plus this is an important game for AFC West standings, so expect a tough gritty match.
Joe: Chiefs.

Monday Night

San Francisco 49ers @ Arizona Cardinals (+7.5)
Lucas: Cardinals. Time to go all in with my nickname brethren, especially after ending up as co-champion of another pick 'em contest. This matchup for Arizona will be tougher than what North Central has coming given that NCC has a red carpet rolled out until the D3 semifinals, but I'm confident in another Stagg Bowl run as well as getting this many points in this Monday Night game.
Adam: Cardinals. Should be a decent MNF game. I thought with the addition of Run CMC, the San Francisco offense was going to launch to the stratosphere, but so far it hasn’t. I need to see something before I commit now.
Joe: 49ers.

Records So Far
Lucas: 74-76 (8-6 last week)
Adam: 64-86 (7-7 last week)
Joe: 63-87 (6-8 last week)
Geoffrey: 68-82 (8-6 last week)
Jim: 71-79 (8-6 last week)
Tom: 68-82 (6-8 last week) 

No comments:

Post a Comment