Thursday, November 10, 2022

2022 COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em: Week 10

The coalition is back and we're set to begin the second half of our season of picks against the spread!

After having to fight with Google a little bit (read: click "Review" in the editing window) with our Week 9 post because of something that got flagged as "sensitive content" even though there was no such content, we went live uncensored around when the Thursday night game kicked off. Last week, I took four of six games from Adam, two of three from Joe, and Joe grabbed four of seven.

That gives me a pretty sizable column lead, though the group itself is still fairly close, as my current margin is just a few games over the next person. You can view how we've all picked in relation to each other here. and Adam is tracking how we've all done in regards to a combination of home/road and favorite/underdog picks, as well as a breakdown of how we've done by timeslot.

As we look ahead to our first double digit week, we might see some movement as Adam and I disagree on seven games, Joe and I on just two, and Adam and Joe on a staggering nine out of 14. Let's get to it!

Thursday Night

Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers (+2.5)
Lucas: Falcons. Can't say I'm thrilled that these two meet again for the second time in 11 days. But given how the Panthers have crumbled since PJ Walker hit DJ Moore on that bomb...
Adam: Falcons. Crappy TNF; nothing more to say.
Joe: Falcons.

Sunday Morning

Seattle Seahawks vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-2.5)
Lucas: Seahawks. Reise, reise, Seefalken reise, Tom Brady tut's auf seine Weise...


Adam: Buccaneers. Let’s see what Brady can do now that he is unattached. Last week was sloppy, but may have been the spark at the end of the game that he needed.
Joe: Seahawks.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

Minnesota Vikings @ Buffalo Bills (-7.5)
Lucas: Vikings. I think the Bills rebound from losing to the Jets, although having an injured Josh Allen doesn't really help matters...
Adam: Vikings. Purely a line pick. I see Buffalo winning, but Minnesota keeps it close.
Joe: Bills.

Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears (-3.5)
Lucas: Bears. Justin Fields is growing up before our eyes and gets a bad Lions defense. Chicago won't need to worry about a bad no-call spoiling them this week.
Adam: Lions. Seems that the Bears are up, then down, then up then down. I would consider last week an UP despite the loss, so we should see a down week this time.
Joe: Bears.

Denver Broncos @ Tennessee Titans (-3.5)
Lucas: Titans. They'll bounce back from an overtime loss at Arrowhead just like I somehow recovered from almost losing because of the Euphoric Violet Gazelle despite getting 51 fantasy points from Joe Mixon.
Adam: Broncos. Call it hope that Russ can start cooking, or call it lack of faith in Tennessee. I see a close game here.
Joe: Titans.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Kansas City Chiefs (-9.5)
Lucas: Chiefs. You know, I keep thinking the Jags are turning a corner, but they've disappointed the second quarter of the season, and it doesn't get any easier heading into Arrowhead. By the way, I'm kind of surprised this is in the early window; always seems like the games here are in the late window if they're not on in primetime.
Adam: Chiefs. This is just a case of the improving Jags being out classed IMO.
Joe: Chiefs.

Cleveland Browns @ Miami Dolphins (-3.5)
Lucas: Dolphins. Just keep that momentum going, Tua and co.
Adam: Dolphins. At home, I like Miami here. Cleveland could be tough, but I’ll take Miami. Plus isn't this the last week we likely see Brissett?
Lucas note: Two more games after this one. Because naturally Watson's comeback would be against the Texans.
Joe: Dolphins.

Houston Texans @ New York Giants (-6.5)
Lucas: Giants. Is the succubus still collecting payment from the city of Houston now that the Astros won a (maybe) legitimate title? I mean, she is from the Texans at least.
Adam: Texans. Tough line. I have said it time and time again: Houston has generally played games tighter than expected and end up just short. I think that trend continues.
Joe: Giants.

New Orleans Saints @ Pittsburgh Steelers (+2.5)
Lucas: Steelers. I don't really like this game, given the struggles both teams are having. I'll take the home dog though.
Adam: Saints. Seems like a short line. I would have expected a few more points in New Orleans' favor.
Joe: Steelers.

Sunday, Late Afternoon

Indianapolis Colts @ Las Vegas Raiders (-5.5)
Lucas: Colts. Yes, I realize this means I'm taking absolute rookie head coach Jeff Saturday and somehow even more rookie... this guy as offensive coordinator!
Adam: Colts. Carolina showed us that canning your coach and sending your best player off to another team can still end up with a W. Indy may not be shipping a player, but I like their chances. Plus Vegas has generally disappointed.
Joe: Raiders.

Dallas Cowboys @ Green Bay Packers (+5.5)
Lucas: Cowboys. I was not prepared for the Mike McCarthy Revenge Game to really be the Mike McCarthy Revenge Game, but here we are. Fire everyone and roll out the tanks.
Adam: Cowboys. I expect to see Green Bay treated the same as my Bears from a couple weeks ago: we shall see half a hundred hung on the Packers.
Lucas note: I don't know about that. I think Green Bay's defense keeps them in it for a bit until they can't stay off the field because Rodgers keeps missing throws and Aaron Jones only gets like six touches...
Joe: Cowboys.

Arizona Cardinals @ Los Angeles Rams (-3.5)
Lucas: Rams. Again: Kyler is winless since the new Call of Duty came out. Do with that information what you will.
Adam: Cardinals. Do I want a short man that likes Call of Duty, or a quarterback that struck lightning last year? Well, until we have significant others throwing pretzels again I’ll stick with the Call of Duty guy...
Joe: Rams.

Sunday Night

Los Angeles Chargers @ San Francisco 49ers (-6.5)
Lucas: 49ers. The Chargers have kind of underwhelmed a little bit, and I feel like the Niners might be just starting to find their footing.
Adam: 49ers. The Chargers are banged up and I'm not sure what to make of Herbert without his weapons.
Joe: Chargers. 49ers. Using my first mulligan of the year.

Monday Night

Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles (-10.5)
Lucas: Commanders. All hail Taylor Heinicke, he who will lead at minimum a backdoor cover.
Adam: Eagles. Even if you think that Philly has not really had a strong test yet this year, Washington in Philly will not be the test you are looking for. Eagles keep their winning ways and I like laying the points.
Joe: Commanders.

Records So Far
Lucas: 66-70 (8-5 last week)
Adam: 57-79 (6-7 last week)
Joe: 57-79 (7-6 last week)
Geoffrey: 60-76 (7-6 last week)
Jim: 63-73 (7-6 last week)
Tom: 62-74 (8-5 last week) 

No comments:

Post a Comment