Thursday, November 12, 2020

2020 COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em: Week 10

As we move to the second half of the NFL season... I really need to get my butt in gear if I want to keep pace with the coalition.

Adam took three of our four disputed games last week to extend his lead as my cold streak continues and he remains atop the leaderboard (factoring in, of course, that he and I both have one more point on ESPN than we should). You can view how we've all picked in relation to each other here.

I debated about pulling an Adam and going opposite week since I need something to go my way. We'll see what happens, as Adam and I disagree on seven games out of 14 this week. I look forward to being down like 11 games going into next week.

Thursday Night

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans (-2.5)
Lucas: Titans. Should be a good one, but I'll take the home team in what's essentially a pick 'em.
Adam: Colts. In recognition of all good flops: Rivers butt flop in a pitiful tackle attempt that is.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

Houston Texans @ Cleveland Browns (-3.5)
Lucas: Texans. I don't trust Cleveland. Taking the points.
Adam: Browns. I believe this is the week the Baker plays well and calls out doubters.
Lucas note: Is that where we are on the Baker Mayfield Cycle? I lost track.

Washington Football Team @ Detroit Lions (-4.5)
Lucas: Lions. Only because NFC Least.
Adam: Lions. A much better team than last week suggests. I’ll give them the benefit at home.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Green Bay Packers (-13.5)
Lucas: Packers. I'm a little concerned about backdoor cover potential here, but the fear I had going into last week's game in Santa Clara was to some degree unfounded. And especially since Aaron Jones seems like he's good to go...
Adam: Packers. With Rodgers and Adams on another level right now I don’t see how the Jags even have a chance.

Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants (+3.5)
Lucas: Giants. Can I abstain from this because Tank Division? Wait, given that I'm down six games going into this week I CAN'T GIVE AWAY POINTS AGRQEHGQERAHGQERAHG.
Adam: Eagles. Here is a case of everything says the G-Men at home should win outright, SO I am going against. Prince Harry for the cover.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers (+5.5)
Lucas: Buccaneers. I'd be tempted to take the points, but with Run CMC potentially hurt again... I don't want to take that chance.
Adam: Buccaneers. Revenge. That is all.

Sunday, Late Afternoon

Buffalo Bills @ Arizona Cardinals (-1.5)
Lucas: Bills. Literally, I flipped a coin on this one. And given that after the fact I saw a headline about Bills fans supporting a children's hospital in memory of Josh Allen's late grandmother, I think fate made the right call. Bills Mafia is crazy... but they're good people.
Adam: Cardinals. Ehhhh, ehhhhh, how do I pick this game? Ehhhhh. Crap. I’ll take Murray.
Lucas note: Your coin come up heads?

Denver Broncos @ Las Vegas Raiders (-4.5)
Lucas: Raiders. I feel like Vegas is sneaky good this year. No one really talks about them, but at 5-3 with a win over Kansas City in their back pocket already, this is a team to watch out for.
Adam: Raiders. How many fines and picks have the Raiders lost this year for their disregard of COVID protocols? Dumb Gruden. Regardless, his team is pretty good.

Los Angeles Chargers @ Miami Dolphins (-2.5)
Lucas: Dolphins. Tua Time against the Chargers, who seem to find new ways to lose every week? Come on.
Adam: Dolphins. Just 'cause I cannot think of the last time Miami was favored at home. *checks notes* Crap, it was Week 6. Oh, but against the Jets, so that doesn’t really count; the Jets are basically a college team.

Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers (-7.5)
Lucas: Steelers.
An artist’s interpretation of going Full Yinzer Mode (before and after). from r/UrinatingTree
Adam: Bengals. Pittsburgh looked human against the Heiferladies and Big Ben is on Covid IR... Kevin comes through with the hot iron back door cover.

Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams (-1.5)
Lucas: Rams. Partially because the Rams seem to play the Seachickens pretty well historically, and also because double standard.
Adam: Seahawks. Revenge game. Not revenge against the Rams, but rather over the loss last week. Wilson goes off for 450 and five touchdowns. Goff, not so much.


San Francisco 49ers @ New Orleans Saints (-9.5)
Lucas: Saints. All right, I'm all in on the collapse of the Niners. Also, Y'ALL SHOULDN'T HAVE CUT BROC RUTTER!
Adam: Saints. I look to Kamara to get back into gear. The 49ers have had almost as epic of a fall from grace as the Heiferladies have. But at least the 49ers don’t have some pipe-dream of still making the playoffs.

Sunday Night

Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots (+6.5)
Lucas: Ravens. Somewhere in Maryland, people with a massive persecution complex are probably going to enjoy some schadenfreude at the hands of a beatdown by the Ravens.
Adam: Ravens. A hard-fought game last week against the Colts. I don’t see near the resistance coming from Super Cam Mrs. Cam Baby Cam.

Monday Night

Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears (+2.5)
Lucas: Vikings. My gut initially said take the Bears, but Dalvin Cook is on a heater, and Nick Foles was not the answer for the Bears. It's like 2014 all over again; all we need is the massacre at Lambeau.
Adam: Bears. Because nothing but an epic reversal of fortunes will tame the beast know as the SuperFans.

Records So Far
Lucas: 66-67 (6-8 last week)
Adam: 72-61 (8-6 last week)
Joe: 59-74 (5-9 last week)
Geoffrey: 70-63 (8-6 last week)
Jim: 66-67 (8-6 last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment