Saturday, February 4, 2012

Remembering Family

Throughout my forty-some posts on Confessions of a Sportscaster, I had never imagined I'd have to do a post like this. Not in a million years.

If you've seen my Facebook and Twitter you've seen posts about this, but I wanted to do something a little more official to recognize this tragedy.

Last night at a bar in downtown Naperville, there was a stabbing incident involving 3 people, including 2 NCC football players. Defensive lineman Willie Hayes is in serious condition as of this posting, and the attack claimed the life of Shaun Wild, former punter and second grade teacher at Spring Brook Elementary in Naperville.

I never personally met either of these great young men, but everyone who knew them speak very highly of them. And as a North Central alum, it's like losing a family member. NCC is one big family, and it's a family I love. I will celebrate their triumphs, and grieve with them in their times of darkness.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Willie, that he makes a full recovery, and to Shaun's family as they cope with the all-too-soon passing of a wonderful young man.

RIP Shaun

No comments:

Post a Comment