Monday, March 12, 2012

The Official Confessions of a Sportscaster NCAA Tournament Pick 'Em

I posted here last week about my intent to run a tournament pool as part of COAS. I've set up the pool, and with the bracket now official, it's time to join in! Some of you may have already seen it through my Facebook or Twitter, but you are definitely invited to join this pool.

In the interest of upping the stakes, I am also offering a chance to guest write a post for Confessions of a Sportscaster to whoever wins the pool. Of course, because of my radio background, even though this is for Internet purposes as opposed to broadcasting, I still feel obliged to put down all the rules for the contest here. Stupid federal rule disclosure laws.
  1. Only one (1) bracket per person.
  2. Scoring: There is a maximum possible score of 192 points for picking winners. Each first round game is worth 1 point, second round game worth 2, regional semifinal game worth 4, regional final worth 8, national semifinal worth 16, and the championship game is worth 32 points. The highest scoring bracket wins. In the event of a tie, the final score will be used as a tiebreaker. I don't know if wins comes before that or not (not sure on the official Yahoo! rules).
  3. Prize: The winner will be allowed to guest write one (1) post for Confessions of a Sportscaster. Said post may be about any sports-related topic. It can be as local as a school or traveling team you are involved in, or as big as the leading topic on SportsCenter. There is no word limit on your post. Do not use obscene language or make discriminatory remarks based on race, gender, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, religion, et cetera. By rule of the First Amendment, I will not decline a post that offers opposing views to my own, though I do reserve the right to edit your post for grammatical or rule-violating reasons. I will credit the author for writing the work at the beginning of the winning post, and will mention if any editions have been made on my part.
  4. If you have any questions or for the winner to submit his or her post, you can email me here.
Once again, the pool can be found here. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment