Saturday, October 22, 2011

First Confession of a Sportscaster

Sports are all about the moment. Who will take command of it? Who will shy away from it? What will this moment mean a year, 5 years, 20 years from now? How do we know which moments are worth remembering and taking note of? This is a question sports fans ask, and many try to answer.

 What makes me any different? Well, like many people, I'm nothing more than a fan. I played soccer and basketball for my schools as a kid and into my teenage years, I will occasionally play a pick-up type game from time to time, but I'm nowhere near athletic enough to be a professional. But I love sports, and that's why I wanted to be a broadcaster.

So here I am. Graduated in June with a degree in broadcast communication, worked for my college's radio station, working part-time at a commercial station in sports. I get a good view of what goes on during games (or at least, a good representation of what's going on).

Sometimes I'll go over games I'm covering, sometimes I'll rant about the goings on in the sports world. Hopefully most of the time it will make sense, but I also hope that this can bring a little bit of entertainment.

(DISCLAIMER: I have a bias for the Cubs, Packers, Bulls, Blackhawks, and any NCC team. I'm biased against the White Sox, Cardinals, Bears, Vikings, Heat, Red Wings, Canucks, and any Wheaton College team. I will try to be as objective with these teams as I can.)

No comments:

Post a Comment