Thursday, December 9, 2021

2021 COAS Pigskin Pick 'Em: Week 14

The coalition returns as we have just a few weeks left of this NFL season!

I ended up shooting my shot last week, but went 0-3 on my hero picks. Miraculously though, Adam and I split our six disputed games, leaving me still just three out of first place. Joe didn't submit picks last week, so we didn't track how he did in comparison, though he's climbing back into the race a little bit.

You can view how we've all picked in relation to each other here. This week, Adam and I disagree on just four games out of 14. Joe is also back after a week off; he and I disagree on five games, while he and Adam disagree on seven. Let's get to it!

Thursday Night

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Minnesota Vikings (-3.5)
Lucas: Steelers. I mean, when you lose to a previously winless team...
Adam: Vikings. Weird game. The Vikes are coming off a loss to the now 1-win Detroit Lions, and Big Ben moves about as fast as frozen molasses. Call it a game the Vikes need to make themselves feel better, call it a Steelers have way overplayed Big Ben. I’ll lay the points hoping I don’t get screwed by one.
Joe: Vikings. Minnesota is looking to get a wild card spot, and with the loss to the Lions last week, they will be playing hard on TNF to get a win to stay within reach of it.

Sunday, Early Afternoon

Baltimore Ravens @ Cleveland Browns (-2.5)
Lucas: Ravens. Nothing against the Browns; this is a pick out of sheer spite against the state of Ohio even though they didn't do anything either. [Expletive] the NCAA Division III football selection committee for forcing an undefeated and DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPION in North Central to go on the road to Alliance, Ohio to take on a Mount Union team that, oh yeah, WE BEAT IN THE 2019 PLAYOFFS.
Adam: Ravens. Which Heisman winner do I like better? That’s going to be Jackson for sure. I figure Mayfield will either suck or do something late to eff up the potential win.
Joe: Ravens. The Browns have gone downhill and the Ravens are starting to cook again with Jackson back behind center.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Tennessee Titans (-9.5)
Lucas: Titans. I maybe shouldn't be this confident here, but I don't trust the Jags still. Laying the points.
Adam: Titans. I cannot keep on hoping that Sunshine starts doing something. But of course it will probably end up being the week I decide to go against him will be the one week of five where he actually fires and does something decent.
Joe: Titans. With the Jags being 2-10 and fighting for a good draft pick, I don’t see them putting in much of a fight.

Las Vegas Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs (-9.5)
Lucas: Raiders. The Chiefs might be starting to peak at the right time. I still think the Raiders can hang with them though. Taking the points.
Adam: Raiders. This is a full blown line pick. KC has clearly shaken its early season Superbowl hangover, but I don’t see the Raiders as a touchdown-plus dog, even on the road. I think we all also forget that Carr is #2 in passing yards. His only issue is finishing- sorry that sounds dirty- finishing meaning passing touchdowns. If he can get that together, I still am putting him as a dark horse MVP.
Joe: Raiders. Part two of the division rival match up. The Raiders will get a W here. Mahomes is not playing like he has in the past. Which, by having him on my Fantasy team, means he let me down... again... making me lose last week to Adam.

New Orleans Saints @ New York Jets (+5.5)
Lucas: Saints. The Jets are still bad, laying the points on the road.
Adam: Saints. Even with Hill looking like a high school quarterback last week against the Heiferladies it is looking like they will get Kamara back. That alone is making the pick worth it.
Joe: Saints. Taysom Hill will bounce back and get a W in New Jersey this week against the Jets.
Lucas note: This is where I miss Tuesday Morning Quarterback and his rightful insistence on referring to the Giants and Jets as "Jersey/A" and "Jersey/B."

Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Football Team (+3.5)
Lucas: Washington. I like this line, it feels about right to me. And it helps in that a last second game winning field goal won't kill me!
Adam: Washington. We are really going to see this week why the change to Heiferladies is fully worth it. Dare I say: Dak falls flat and goes 15/38 for 175 yards, one touchdown and three picks!
Joe: Washington. The way the WFT has been able to pull upsets and get the points against the spread, I am not betting against them this week against the Cowboys.

Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers (-2.5)
Lucas: Falcons. I don't trust Carolina at all. Taking the points.
Adam: Falcons. Who can do it? Cam Can... Not.
Joe: Panthers. Cam is back... then he was benched. Cam beats a very beatable Falcons team by 3.

Seattle Seahawks @ Houston Texans (+7.5)
Lucas: Seahawks. I don't know how much adding Adrian Peterson really helps these guys, but it should be more than enough to knock off a bad Texans team.
Adam: Texans. Hot take: Seattle is so far into the crapper they not only lose against the spread but lose straight up against the Texans. This is more of a lack of faith in Wilson than a show of support for Team Ram Rod.
Joe: Seahawks. Russ has to cook here against another 2-10 Texans team looking to get another top draft pick. I don’t see them putting up much of a fight.

Sunday, Late Afternoon

Detroit Lions @ Denver Broncos (-8.5)
Lucas: Lions. No respect for a team that finally got over the hump. Also, I don't trust Denver to lay this many.
Adam: Broncos. I hate hate hate this pick, but I don’t think Detroit can play against the Denver defense and it really comes down to can the Broncos put up enough to cover the 8.5. I am hoping they can.
Joe: Lions. I think Adam is right when he says, the best 1-10-1 team. They fight hard but still get the shaft. I think they still lose this game, but I am taking the points here.

New York Giants @ Los Angeles Chargers (-10.5)
Lucas: Chargers. Especially since the Giants are starting *checks notes* Jake Fromm? Oh boy.
Adam: Chargers. Not sure what to say here, on the road – that's a negative for New York- against a far superior team – that's a negative for New York- and without their original OC – that a neg... wait *check notes* correction, that's a positive. Regardless, Chargers will romp.
Joe: Giants. The Chargers are going to win this game, but I don’t think they will make the spread. Chargers win here by a touchdown.

San Francisco 49ers @ Cincinnati Bengals (-1.5)
Lucas: Bengals. I still think this Cincy team is good, and they're in the opposite corner of Ohio, so they're immune from my wrath. But still, [expletive] the NCAA Division III football selection committee.
Adam: Bengals. And I don’t like it...
Joe: 49ers. This Niners team has great talent on the offensive side of the ball; their players have done well for me in Fantasy Football. I think they get a win in Cincy.

Buffalo Bills @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-3.5)
Lucas: Buccaneers. Touchdown Tom has to be relishing in the fact that his old rival lost to his old team after needing to throw the ball all of three times. He'll throw probably ten times that many, though he may not even need to. We'll see.
Adam: Buccaneers. Sticking to my guns. I said last week was Buffalo's last chance and they blew it. I now will place no faith in the Bills and Allen, who I anticipated to be MUCH better than he has shown.
Joe: Buccaneers. Buffalo had to deal with some strong winds, but that wasn’t the win they were looking for. If the Pats could run the ball against the Bills defense, imagine what Tom and crew is going to do.

Sunday Night

Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers (-12.5)
Lucas: Packers. From the studio that brought you Sunday Night Massacre and Sunday Night Massacre II: The Reckoning, comes the conclusion to the trilogy you've all been waiting for. The NFL's oldest rivalry is renewed, though in the past few decades it's been pretty one-sided because of events like the first two movies in this trilogy. Aaron Rodgers and Matt Nagy star in Sunday Night Massacre III: I Still Own You. Premieres in homes and sports bars everywhere, with a special premiere at Lambeau Field this Sunday, December 12th.
Adam: Bears. Now that we have all had a chance to read Lucas’s doomsday predictions of another Lambeau massacre, let me clue you in on what will actually happen. Green Bay jumps to an early lead 7-0. Then Fields shoots his shots and runs the score up 17-7. A-A-Ron, after getting back from O Shaq Hennessy’s office pulls out all the stops to drive the score to 21-17. Then in an epic let down, Nagy gets in his own way, mismanages the clock and the Bears triple doink a 52 yard FG try. Bears cover easy.
Joe: Packers. Even with Fields behind center for this game. I still think it will not be enough. The Bears should just let him sit the rest of the year. Draft some O-Lineman.

Monday Night

Los Angeles Rams @ Arizona Cardinals (-2.5)
Lucas: Cardinals. The Rams aren't as good, but this is also a solidarity pick for their D-III brethren. Beat Mount Union and the Rams, Cardinals.
Adam: Cardinals. So since it’s a road game, Mrs. Stafford will have to throw around her snacks at home. Sorry, I’ll stop with that joke, it seems to have gone... *looks left* *looks right* STALE. Hahahaha.
Lucas note: ...get out.
Joe: Rams. Stafford can play a lot better than what we saw last week. I think they get the win in Arizona on MNF.

Records So Far
Lucas: 104-90 (7-7 last week)
Adam: 107-87 (7-7 last week)
Joe: 93-101 (10-4 last week)
Geoffrey: 97-97 (7-7 last week)
Jim: 95-99 (8-6 last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment